Excel Charts & Graphs
Design beautiful and effective charts & graphs, create your own custom visuals, and master 20+ chart templates in Excel 2016+
Not Sure Which COURSE or PATH is right for you?
Take our customized survey to find the perfect courses & paths for your skill level and goals!
Excel is an incredibly powerful data visualization platform for those willing to think beyond rows, columns, and primitive pie charts -- and we're here to prove it.
This course provides a deep, comprehensive review of Excel's latest data visualization tools and techniques. We'll discuss when, why, and how to use each type of chart, introduce key data visualization best practices, and work through interactive, hands-on demos and exercises every step of the way.
We'll review common chart elements and formatting options, dive into each of the 20+ chart types available in Excel 2016+, and then wrap things up with a series of custom visuals and advanced demos guaranteed to transform you into an absolute data viz ROCKSTAR.
- Welcome to the Course!
- BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT
- Course Structure & Outline
- DOWNLOAD: Course Resources
- Setting Expectations
- Key Data Viz Principles & the 10-Second Rule
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The 3 Key Questions
- Chart Elements, Layouts, Colors & Styles
- Chart Formatting Options
- Changing Chart Types & Adding a Secondary Axis
- Creating, Modifying & Applying Custom Templates
- QUIZ: Chart Customization
- Bar & Column Charts
- Histogram & Pareto Charts (Office 365/2016+)
- Line Charts & Trendlines
- Area Charts
- Pies, Donuts & Race Tracks
- Scatter Plots
- Bubble Charts
- Box & Whisker Charts (Office 365/2016+)
- Tree Maps & Sunburst Charts (Office 365/2016+)
- Waterfall Charts (Office 365/2016+)
- Funnel Charts (Office 365/2016+)
- Radar Charts
- Stock Charts
- Heat Maps
- Surface & Contour Charts
- Geo-Spatial Maps with Power Map
- Basic Combo Charts
- QUIZ: Basic Chart Types
- Setting Expectations
- Custom Image Overlay Charts
- Adding Binary Values to Highlight Dates
- Automation with OFFSET & COUNTA
- Adding Scroll & Zoom with Form Controls
- Animating Changes Over Time
- Building a Dynamic Dashboard
- Value-Based Dynamic Formatting
- Dynamically Highlighting a Data Series
- Building a Custom Pacing Chart
- Designing a Custom Gauge Chart
- Visualizing Percentages Using Arrays
- QUIZ: Advanced Data Viz Techniques
- FINAL ASSESSMENT
- Next Steps
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Excel users looking to bring their data to life with beautiful and effective charts & graphs
Analysts or BI professionals looking to develop expert-level data visualization skills
Anyone seeking to understand key visualization principles and best practices
WHAT ARE THE COURSE REQUIREMENTS?
Microsoft Excel, ideally 2016+ or Office 365 for PC (several chart types are not available in older versions of Excel)
Mac users are welcome to join, but may have challenges following along
Are you ready to become a DATA ROCKSTAR? Start learning today with your FREE 7-Day trial!
Every subscription includes access to the following course materials
- Interactive Project files
- Downloadable e-books
- Graded quizzes and assessments
- 1-on-1 Expert support
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Verified credentials & accredited badges
Ready to become a
Start learning for free, no credit card required!