MySQL Database Administration
Learn how to build, optimize, and administer relational databases using MySQL and MySQL Workbench.
Not Sure Which COURSE or PATH is right for you?
Take our customized survey to find the perfect courses & paths for your skill level and goals!
MySQL is a powerful tool for managing and analyzing relational databases, and a skill that every analyst and BI professional should have in the arsenal. In this course, you'll learn how to design, optimize, and administer relational databases using MySQL Workbench.
We'll start by introducing the course structure, installing MySQL Community and Workbench, and reviewing key database administration (DBA) tasks; including creating and editing schemas and tables, inserting and deleting records, and designing efficient, normalized databases.
From there we'll work through more advanced DBA concepts using real-world projects and case studies, including stored procedures, triggers and indexes, user permissions, and more.
If you're looking for a unique and highly engaging way to develop SQL database administration skills, this is the course for you.
- Course Structure & Outline
- DOWNLOAD: Course Resources
- Introducing the Course Project
- Setting Expectations
- Brief SQL History
- SQL Languages & Editors
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- MySQL Installation & Setup
- Connecting Workbench to the Server
- MySQL Workbench Interface
- Creating the Project Database
- Creating New Schemas (Code vs. UI)
- Inserting New Tables (Code vs. UI)
- Common MySQL Data Types
- Adding & Dropping Columns
- Dropping Schemas & Tables
- Inserting Records into a Table
- Updating Records
- Inserting & Updating Records
- Deleting Specific Records
- Deleting All Records with TRUNCATE
- Truncating Tables
- Data Languages (DDL, DML, DQL, etc)
- Table Relationships
- Relationship Cardinality
- Primary & Foreign Keys
- Database Normalization
- Enhanced Entity Relationship (EER) Models
- Mid-Course Project Instructions
- SOLUTION: Mid-Course Project
- Creating an Index
- The UNIQUE Constraint
- The NON NULL Constraint
- Stored Procedures
- Using Triggers
- Visual Explain Plan
- Server Status & Logs
- Managing Users & Permissions
- Final Project Instructions
- SOLUTION: Final Project
- Course Feedback Survey
- Next Steps
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to build or manage relational database systems
- SQL users who want to develop advanced skills and master one of the world's most popular and powerful database programming languages
- Anyone looking for a hands-on, practical, and highly engaging way to learn database administration using MySQL
WHAT ARE THE COURSE REQUIREMENTS?
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server (we'll walk you through the install process)
- If you are new to MySQL, we recommend completing the basic MySQL for Data Analysis course first
Are you ready to become a DATA ROCKSTAR? Start learning today with your FREE 7-Day trial!
Every subscription includes access to the following course materials
- Interactive Project files
- Downloadable e-books
- Graded quizzes and assessments
- 1-on-1 Expert support
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Verified credentials & accredited badges
Ready to become a
Sign up today for a 7-Day Free Trial and start learning today!