Microsoft Power BI Service
Take your Power BI skills to the cloud with Power BI Service, and learn how to publish, collaborate, and share your work with the world.
Not Sure Which COURSE or PATH is right for you?
Take our customized survey to find the perfect courses & paths for your skill level and goals!
While Power BI Desktop is ideal for building locally-hosted data models and reports, Power BI Service -- its cloud-based counterpart -- is the go-to solution for publishing, collaborating, and sharing your work with the world.
This course provides a hands-on, guided tour through the Power BI Service platform. We'll cover core features like publishing to apps and workspaces, compiling dashboards, and configuring user roles, along with more advanced tools like gateways, scheduled refresh, dataflows, row-level security, data-driven alerts, and much more.
If you're ready to take your Power BI skills to the cloud, you've come to the right place.
- Welcome to the Course!
- BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT
- Course Structure & Outline
- DOWNLOAD: Course Resources
- Setting Expectations
- Meet Power Service
- Account Tiers (Free/Pro/Premium)
- Common User Personas
- Creating a New Account
- Quick Tour of the Interface
- Helpful References
- Quiz: Introducing Power BI Service
- Data Connection Options
- Loading a CSV File
- Building Blocks of Power BI Service
- Common Workspace Actions
- Loading Excel Workbooks
- Loading Table from Excel
- My Workspaces vs. App Workspaces
- Creating an App Workspace
- Loading Data to App Workspaces
- Loading an Excel Data Model
- Loading a Power BI File
- QUIZ: Connecting to Data
- Understanding Gateways
- Setting up a Personal Gateway
- Enabling Scheduled Refresh
- Setting up an Enterprise Gateway
- Understanding Dataflows
- DEMO: Creating a New Dataflow
- QUIZ: Gateways, Refresh & Dataflows
- Understanding Reports & Dashboards
- Report Interface & Tools
- Inserting & Formatting Visuals
- DEMO: Adding Slicers & Matrix Visuals
- Pinning Tiles to Dashboards
- Pinning Live Pages to Dashboards
- DEMO: Assembling a Dashboard
- Dashboard Interface & Tools
- PRO TIP: Creating Data-Driven Alerts
- Exploring Data with Q&A
- PRO TIP: Generating Quick Insights
- Adding Personal Bookmarks
- Designing for Web vs. Mobile
- QUIZ: Reports & Dashboards
- Sharing & Collaboration Options
- Printing & Exporting
- Publishing to the Web
- Sharing Reports & Dashboards
- Defining User Roles & Permissions
- PRO TIP: Generating Usage Reports
- Configuring Row-Level Security
- Publishing Apps
- QUIZ: Sharing & Collaboration Tools
- The Power BI Mobile App
- DEMO: Mobile App Features (iPhone)
- REFERENCE: Monthly Power BI Updates
- FINAL ASSESSMENT
- Next Steps
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Users who have completed Power BI Desktop training, and would like to explore cloud-based publishing and collaboration tools
Analysts or BI professionals seeking to collaborate with other users, configure apps and workspaces, or distribute reports to teams or organizations
Anyone seeking a clear and straight-forward introduction to cloud-based business intelligence with Power BI Service
WHAT ARE THE COURSE REQUIREMENTS?
Students will need a work or school email address to sign up for a Power BI Service account (personal accounts such as gmail, aol, or hotmail are currently not supported)
Several features require a PRO plan (60 day free trial, then $9.99/month)
This course should be taken after Power BI Desktop
Are you ready to become a DATA ROCKSTAR? Start learning today with your FREE 7-Day trial!
Every subscription includes access to the following course materials
- Interactive Project files
- Downloadable e-books
- Graded quizzes and assessments
- 1-on-1 Expert support
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Verified credentials & accredited badges
Ready to become a
Start learning for free, no credit card required!