Launching Your Data Career
Step-by-step guide to finding your path, building your brand, acing the interview, and landing your analytics dream job.
This course is a step-by-step, practical guide to landing your analytics dream job.
You'll learn from Maven's top instructors as they walk you through proven frameworks and case studies designed to help you build your brand, grow your network, ace your interviews, and launch a successful career in data.
We'll kick things off by reviewing common analytics roles and sharing interactive tools to help you find the right path, whether you skew towards business intelligence, data visualization, database engineering or data science.
Next we'll help you create the exact assets you'll need to build your brand and market yourself to hiring managers. We'll walk through step-by-step guides to creating bulletproof resumes, polished LinkedIn profiles, and project portfolios that prove you have what it takes to succeed on the job.
From there we'll share a 30-day action plan to help you build your professional network, connect with valuable leads, and identify key connections and job opportunities.
Last but not least, we'll share tools and tactics to help you build confidence and ace even the toughest interviews. We'll discuss the interviewing mindset, review common questions, and introduce proven frameworks to help you breeze through technical assessments and live case studies.
By the end of the course you'll have the exact roadmap you need to impress recruiters, outshine the competition, and launch the career you've dreamed of.
- Course Structure & Outline
- Meet Your Instructors
- Setting Expectations
- DOWNLOAD: Course Resources
- Flavors of Analytics
- Common Data Roles
- ASSIGNMENT: Find Your Path
- Tips for Success
- Key Resume Stats
- Common Issues & Red Flags
- Resume Writing Tips
- CASE STUDY: Jr. Analyst Resume
- The 6-Second Rule
- Writing a Cover Letter
- ASSIGNMENT: Optimizing a Resume
- SOLUTION: Optimizing a Resume
- Resume Checklist
- Profile Photos
- Background Images
- Headline, Intro & About Sections
- Showcasing Your Experience
- Education, Licenses & Certifications
- PRO TIP: Adding Maven Badges
- PRO TIP: Recording a Personal Video
- PRO TIP: Featured Content
- Key Takeaways
- Elements of a Strong Portfolio
- Stating the Business Impact
- Using Data to Tell a Story
- Including a Technical Flex
- Packaging for Readability
- How to Host a Portfolio
- Portfolio Examples
- Key Takeaways
- Following Influencers
- Building your Network
- Finding High-Value Connectors
- Identifying Target Companies
- Getting Active on LinkedIn
- Searching for Job Opportunities
- Submitting the Application
- What Interviewers Look For
- Common Interview Phases
- Types of Interviews
- Experience & Fit Questions
- PRO TIP: Practicing Common Questions
- MOCK INTERVIEW: Experience & Fit
- Technical Assessments
- MOCK INTERVIEW: Technical Assessment
- Live Case Studies
- Market Sizing Framework
- DEMO: Global iPhone Market
- DEMO: US Barbershops
- Market Sizing Cheat Sheet
- MOCK INTERVIEW: Case Study
- Root-Cause Analysis
- DEMO: eCommerce Revenue
- MOCK INTERVIEW: Root-Cause Analysis
- Tips for Success
- Career Launch Checklist
- Course Feedback Survey
- Share the love!
- Next Steps
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Aspiring analysts who want to launch a career in data
- Mid-career professionals looking to transition into an analytics role
- Anyone looking for a practical, hands-on guide to resume writing, portfolio building, networking and interview prep
WHAT ARE THE COURSE REQUIREMENTS?
- This is an entry-level course (no prerequisites)
- Some experience working with data is helpful, but not required
Start learning for FREE, no credit card required!
Every subscription includes access to the following course materials
- Interactive Project files
- Downloadable e-books
- Graded quizzes and assessments
- 1-on-1 Expert support
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Verified credentials & accredited badges
Ready to become a
Start learning for free, no credit card required!