BOOTCAMP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Update: July 23, 2021
By registering for the Data Analytics Bootcamp, you agree to pay all tuition fees and charges. Except as expressly set forth in these Data Analytics Bootcamp Guarantee Terms, there are no refunds of any tuition fees paid. All tuition fees are exclusive of any taxes, which may be charged separately.
We are confident that Maven Analytics, LLC (“Maven”) bootcamp students graduate with the skills, certifications, and portfolio projects they need to land a job in data analytics. If you meet all of the eligibility requirements and complete all bootcamp requirements described below but do not receive an offer for a Qualifying Position within the Guarantee Period, we will refund 100% of the tuition fees you paid to Maven for the bootcamp (the “Bootcamp Guarantee”). The terms “we”, “us” and “our” as used herein also refer to Maven. The term “you” as referenced herein refers to you, as an individual.
These Data Analytics Bootcamp Guarantee Terms and Conditions apply to the Bootcamp Guarantee. The Maven Terms of Service for Individuals https://www.mavenanalytics.io/terms-for-individuals also apply to your use of the Maven Services, including the bootcamp, all bootcamp requirements and services, and the Bootcamp Guarantee. PLEASE READ ALL TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE BOOTCAMP.
In order to be eligible to qualify for the Bootcamp Guarantee, you must:
- Successfully complete all bootcamp courses, attend all live bootcamp sessions, actively participate in all group projects, and successfully complete an individual capstone project within the time frame described in the enrollment agreement. The date on which you receive a completion certificate for the bootcamp program is your “Program Completion Date”.
- Be a United States citizen or green card holder legally authorized to work in the United States for at least two (2) years from your Program Completion Date.
- Be at least 21 years old on your Program Completion Date.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Participate in all coaching and career development requirements, as further described below.
- Pass a background check performed by Maven, and pass any background checks associated with jobs you apply for.
GUARANTEE PERIOD, QUALIFYING POSITIONS
The Guarantee Period is six (6) months from the Program Completion Date.
A “Qualifying Position” is any position in a Qualifying Area in the data analytics field that is described as (a) a salaried or waged employee working at least thirty (30) hours per week, or (b) an independent contractor working at least thirty (30) hours per week, for at least six (6) months. Job titles for Qualifying Positions will vary, but may include titles such as data analyst or business intelligence analyst.
“Qualifying Area” means any metropolitan area approved in writing by Maven, including the metropolitan areas surrounding the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Sacramento, CA; San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, California; Seattle, WA; Tampa, FL; Twin Cities, MN; Washington DC. If an employer permits remote work in your location, that is also considered a Qualifying Area.
COACHING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS
During the Guarantee Period, we expect that you will fully commit to your job search. In order to be eligible for the Bootcamp Guarantee, during the Guarantee Period, you must:
- Attend all coaching sessions, at the frequency required by Maven.
- Pass all mock interviews given by Maven coaches.
- Respond to Maven coaches and Maven-provided employer introductions within one (1) business day.
- Apply to a minimum of three (3) Qualifying Positions in Qualifying Areas per week.
- Actively build your network by contacting at least 5 individuals per week and attending at least 2 networking events per month. Your Maven coach will provide you with approved forms of outreach.
- Follow through with the interview process in a timely and professional manner, including responding to potential employer communications in a timely manner, showing up on time for interviews, and providing documents or follow up as requested by potential employers.
- Track all your job search activity, provide it to Maven on a weekly basis.
- Follow all guidance provided to you by your Maven coach, and follow any recommendations and strategies they provide to you. This includes applying for job types that are suitable to your skills, background, level of experience and geographic location.
- Communicate with the Maven team consistently throughout your search, including notifying Maven of any offers you have received, or any change in job search strategy (change in job search location, type of position, etc.)
- At all times act in an honest manner providing accurate information and using good faith efforts to obtain a Qualifying Position.
You acknowledge and agree that the following circumstances void the Bootcamp Guarantee, and you will not be eligible for a tuition refund in any of the following circumstances:
- You do not complete all bootcamp courses and requirements within the time frame described in the enrollment agreement, or you withdraw from the program.
- You do not meet all of the eligibility criteria described above throughout the Guarantee Period.
- You do not satisfactorily complete all coaching and career development requirements.
- You turn down any Qualifying Offer for a Qualifying Position.
- Your job search activity does not reflect a search for a Qualifying Position, and instead reflects a job search in a different field, outside of a Qualifying Area, etc.
- You accept a Qualifying Offer for a Qualifying Position during the Guarantee Period.
- You accept any other job offer during the Guarantee Period.
- You elect to start your own business or work as a freelancer.
- You do not want to or are unable to live and work in a Qualifying Area.
- You relocate outside of the United States, or are no longer legally eligible for employment in the United States for any reason.
- You substantially modify your job search criteria during the Guarantee Period (change in job search location, type of position, etc.).
- You fail any background check.
- You do not provide true and accurate information to Maven as part of the application process, in the enrollment agreement, during the bootcamp program or during the Guarantee Period.
- You do not provide true and accurate information to any potential employer.
- You do not show up for a job interview or fail to respond to potential employers in a timely manner.
REQUEST FOR TUITION REFUND
If you reasonably believe you are eligible for a refund of tuition fees under the Bootcamp Guarantee, you must provide us written notice, signed by you, detailing that you have met all of the eligibility requirements described herein, and that you have performed all coaching and career requirements and that you have not been offered any Qualified Offers for any Qualified Positions. This notice must be received by Maven within sixty (60) days from the end of the Guarantee Period.
These Data Analytics Bootcamp Guarantee Terms and Conditions and the Maven Terms of Service for Individuals https://www.mavenanalytics.io/terms-for-individuals (the “Terms”) constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Services (including the bootcamp, all bootcamp requirements and services, and the Bootcamp Guarantee), superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and Maven. The failure of Maven to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflict of laws provision. These Terms are personal to you. You cannot assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get our prior written consent. We have the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. We will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site. In the event of a conflict between these the English language version of the Terms and any foreign language translation versions thereof, the English language version of the Terms shall govern and control. All disputes, claims and causes of action (and related proceedings) will be communicated in English.
BOOTCAMP TUITION FEES
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Maven Terms of Service for Individuals, by registering for the Data Analytics Bootcamp, you agree to pay all tuition fees and charges.
Except as expressly set forth in these Data Analytics Bootcamp Guarantee Terms, there are no refunds of any tuition fees paid. All tuition fees are exclusive of any taxes, which may be charged separately.
CONTACT US Questions about these Terms should be sent to: email@example.com
You may also reach us by mail at:
Maven Analytics, LLC 200 Portland St., Floor 5 Boston MA 02114
Ready to become a
Start learning for free, no credit card required!